The BRICS Network University is a joint educational project aimed at creating a single educational space, encourage academic mobility, as well as provide the economies of member countries with highly qualified personnel in the fields of energy, economics, computer science, and ecology, among others. The agreements to set up the BRICS Network University were signed by the Education Ministers from these five countries on November 5, 2013 at the UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.
The group aims at developing educational and research collaboration around the problem-atique of BRICS Studies. This problematique includes socioeconomic and socio-political development of BRICS countries, transnational relations among BRICS countries and global issues, human condition and intercultural communication issues in BRICS Countries.
The BRICS Studies ITG seeks to develop joint initiatives in education and research through network implementation of collaborative Master and PhD programs, short courses and seminars for students, conferences and joint publications.
All joint actions of the BRICS Studies ITG in education and research are aimed at:
- Contributing to the production of knowledge relevant to the betterment of living conditions in BRICS countries;
- Designing new competencies for professionals in BRICS countries;
- Achieving open architecture of programs in interdisciplinary research areas and educational programs;
- Suggesting innovative and outstanding courses only;
- Integrating methods and disciplines from humanities and social sciences. Mandatory in-country stay is a distinguishing feature of BRICS studies educational programs.
BRICS Studies ITG seeks to develop joint initiatives in education and research through network implementation of collaborative Master and PhD programs, short courses and seminars for students, conferences and joint publications.
The 亚美体育 plans to work in the following thematic areas in the BRICS NU:
- Computer Science and information security
- Ecology and climate change
- Water resources and pollution treatment
- BRICS studies
- National Institute for Humanities and Social Sciences 2021/22 Call for Funding: Working Groups Programme
The National Institute for the Humanities and Social Sciences (NIHSS) is pleased to invite academics based in South African public universities in the faculties of Humanities and Social Sciences as well as research institutes to submit their applications for funding for the Working Groups Programme. Read more
- National Institute for Humanities and Social Sciences African Pathways Programme Teaching and Research Mobility Grant 2021/22
The National Institute for the Humanities and Social Sciences (NIHSS) is pleased to invite suitably qualified researchers and postgraduate students based in South Africa’s participating public universities to apply for the 2021/22 African Pathways Programme’s Teaching and Research Mobility Grant. Read more
Click here for me information on funding.
Prof. Aaron Tshidzumba, BRICS@亚美体育 Coordinator
- Physical address
North West University Mahikeng Campus (Corner Albert Luthuli and University Drive)
Block C: Room 104
Tel: 018 389 2053